The 12th Congressional District, which Democrat Jerry Costello currently occupies, has new people running due to Costello’s retirement. The people running to replace Costello: Democrat Bill Enyart (appointed to replace the primary winner Brad Harriman), 2010 Republincan lieutenant governor nominee Jason Plummer and Green Party candidate Paula Bradshaw.
- *He (like his opponents) wants to keep Scott Air Force Base open.
- * He has common-sense values, unlike a certain fat cat who lost statewide in a GOP-wave year.
- * He supports a sensible jobs plan that benefits everyone, not just the upper class.
- * He was the head of the Illinois National Guard.
- * He released his tax returns, unlike Plummer.
After those things are considered, Enyart will be my next congressman.
The 13th Congressional District, which got redistricted to include central and northern Madison County (including Collinsville, Edwardsville, Maryville, Godfrey and New Douglas), has Democrat David Gill, Republican Rodney Davis (appointed to replace incumbent Republican Timothy Johnson due to his retirement), and independent John Hartman running.
- * He is the people’s candidate while his opponent is a corporatist stooge.
- * He has real progressive and central Illinois values.
- * He supports the Second Amendment.
- * He has a sensible jobs plan that benefits everyone, not just the upper class.
- * His opponent is the ultimate corrupt crony insider, as he worked with former Gov. George Ryan.
After those things are considered, Gill will be the next congressman to represent the 13th District.